On November 13, 2015, the Fourth Annual DANDI Awards heralded individuals and organizations for demonstrating outstanding commitment to creating a more diverse and inclusive world. This year’s ceremony honored Diversity and Inclusion in diverse fields, such as Consumer Goods, Fashion/Retail, Environmental/Sustainability, Communications, Non-profit Sector and Social Responsibility among others. This special night is set aside to recognize and celebrate the contribution of any individual, group or organization that is truly making a difference towards creating a more diverse and inclusive world.
Connextions Magazine, the Travel and Lifestyle Magazine for LGBTQ Travelers was honored with the DANDI for Media and Communications. Connextions Magazine was the only gay media to be nominated this year and was in a really tough category with television network: Univision and multi-platform publisher: US News World Report. Past winners have included: Showtime Networks, MSNBC network, and Bloomberg Media.
2015 DANDI Awards winners
Please see below the listing of the winners. All of the nominees and honorees have been contacted and made aware of their status.
- Arts and Culture: Brooklyn Museum of Art
- Communications and Media: Connextions Magazine
- Consumer Goods: Carol’s Daughter
- Education: Out & Equal
- Entertainment: Discovery Communications
- Entrepreneurship: Springboard Consulting
- Environmental and Sustainability: Leapfrog Project
- Health Care: First Lady of the United States, Michelle Obama’s program “Let’s Move”
- Hospitality: Sodexo USA
- International: Aspen Institute Diaspora
- Non- Profit: Dignity and Respect Campaign
- Social Responsibility: National Urban League
- Sports: Institute for Diversity & Ethics in Sports
- STEM: Great Minds in Stem
- Legacy: Geoffrey Holder
- Lifetime Achievement: XG Samper Arquitectos
Connextions Magazine was also chosen as The 2015 Best of Calverton Award in the Magazine Publishers category by the Calverton Award Program.
Each year, the Calverton Award Program identifies companies that have achieved exceptional marketing success in their community and business category. The companies honored enhance the positive image of small business through service to their customers and the community, and make their communities a great place to live, work and play. Recognition is given to those companies that have shown the ability to use their best practices and implemented programs to generate competitive advantages and long-term value.
The 2015 Calverton Award Program focuses on quality, not quantity. Winners are determined based on the information gathered both internally by the Calverton Award Program and data provided by third parties. The mission of the Calverton Award Program is to recognize the small business community’s contributions to the U.S. economy.