Foxwoods Resort Casino& the MGM Grand at Foxwoods, owned by the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation, is recognized the world-over as the ultimate entertainment destination. From the vast array of gaming options in six casinos; AAA Four-Diamond hotels; five-star restaurants; world-renowned spas; award-winning golf; theaters; and exclusive retailers. Guests are treated to Five Star Service and promised a visit that will be anything but ordinary.
In 2010, Foxwoods Resort Casino& the MGM Grand at
Foxwoods instituted a new policy to formally recognize gay and lesbian employees and created a partnership with the LGBT Chamber of Commerce in Connecticut (CABO).
Entertainment highlights during the summer of 2012, included: Melissa Etheridge on June 10thand Sarah McLachlan on July 7th at the MGM Grand Theater.
· 340,000 s.f. of Gaming space
· Over 6400 slot machines
· 353 table games
· 25 Retail shops
· 2,200 rooms within 4 separate hotels
· 21,000 s.f. award-winning Spa (G-Spa)
· Over 30 restaurants
· 150,000 s.f. of meeting space/banquet space
· 900 acre public & private golf course
· 4,000 seat MGM Grand Theater
· 21,000 s.f. nightclub
· Luxury Bowling Alley
· World’s largest Native American Museum
· Daily slot payout on March 30, 2012 at 6:45 pm $6,126,739.00
Mohegan Sun, owned by the Mohegan Tribe, is the premier gaming, entertainment, meeting, dining and shopping destination on the East Coast. Since it was unveiled in 1996, Mohegan Sun has continued to evolve and today features over 300,000 s.f. of gaming space; a luxury hotel tower; world-class spa; restaurants & lounges; entertainment venues, including an arena; meeting space and banquet facilities; an indoor pool, an outdoor sun terrace and its own Mobil Gas Station with 20 full-service& self-service islands.
Mohegan Sun is a member of the IGLTA and the LGBT Chamber of Commerce in Connecticut (CABO). They offer exclusive GLBT night celebrations, jam-packed with celebrity appearances, hotel packages and Fleur Dance Parties at Ultra 88 Night Club. Connect with other gay gamers at
· 300,000 s.f. of Gaming space
· Nearly 6400 slot machines
· Over 350 table games
· 35 Retail Shops
· 1200-room luxury hotel tower
· 20,000 s.f. world-class Spa (Elemis Spa)
· Over 45 restaurants & lounges
· 10,000 seat Arena
· 100,000 s.f. of meeting and/or ballroom/banquet space
· Indoor pool
· Outdoor sun terrace
· Mobil Gas Station
· Daily slot payout on March 30, 2012 at 6:45 pm $7,132,587.00
Have you been to either of these casino’s? What are your comparing thoughts?
As featured in Connextions Magazine, Issue 7. Click here to view the digital edition.
To subscribe to Connextions Magazine and receive the print edition by mail, click here.